Elisa is a music player designed to be simple and nice to use.
Alexander Stippich did several fixes in the interface while I focused on bugs related to the music database.
KDE community has been working on flatpak. For that, a runtime including Qt5 and KF5 frameworks has been written. Aleix Pol has written a recipe to build Elisa under flatpak. It is now built regularly from the git repository.
I am very enthusiastic about that since that should allow easy testing of the application thanks to the work of a lot of people on Flatpak and the support inside the KDE community.
Currently some features are not well working and some audio codecs are missing in the current runtime. Use it at your own risk and keep in mind that some parts are known not to work correctly. Please report any bugs or suggestions to the bugs.kde.org tracker.
In order to test, you can (extracted from the KDE community wiki) do the following steps:
flatpak remote-add –if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
flatpak remote-add –if-not-exists kdeapps –from https://distribute.kde.org/kdeapps.flatpakrepo
flatpak install kdeapps org.kde.elisa
I am afraid I have no snapshots to show today.
The following things have been integrated in Elisa git repository:
- Fix context menu for MediaAllTrackView and MediaAlbumView by Alexander Stippich ;
- Improvements of the single entry in the playlist by Alexander Stippich ;
- Fixes in the play list for different albums with the same title ;
- Fix mouse interaction and dragging while LabelWithTooltip is truncated by Alexander Stippich ;
- Preliminary work to allow to store multiple artists for a track or an album ;
- Report database errors and check for them during tests. I fail to see how to report such an error to an user (being a developer or a non technical user does not make any difference here) ;
- Preliminary work to allow database versioning and evolution ;
- Fix several bugs around the music database ;
- Modify a bit the way tracks are tested for uniqueness ;
I am still planning to do an alpha release soon. This is an important milestone to test that everything needed to make a proper release after review will be possible.