0.3 Release of Elisa Music Player
Elisa is a music player developed by the KDE community that strives to be simple and nice to use. We also recognize that we need a flexible product to account for the different workflows and use-cases of our users.
We focus on a very good integration with the Plasma desktop of the KDE community without compromising the support for other platforms (other Linux desktop environments, Windows and Android).
We are creating a reliable product that is a joy to use and respects our users privacy. As such, we will prefer to support online services where users are in control of their data.
The post about the beta release summarizes all the new features in the 0.3 release.
The following bugs have been worked on or fixed since the beta:
- Bug 397446 – Scrolling in the Album, Artist, etc. and Now Playing views is much too fast ;
- Bug 398924 – Status box is too small ;
- Bug 387437 – Elisa unaware of Baloo if it starts after Elisa ;
- Bug 398718 – User should be able to start typing to search after pressing Ctrl+F ;
- Bug 396840 – Elisa – High memory usage (improvements have landed in 0.3.0 release and more will come to 0.3.1) ;
- Bug 392778 – Elisa should better handle being scaled down to a small size (not yet finished but some improvements are in 0.3.0 release) ;
The team would like to thank everyone who contributed to the development of Elisa, including code contributions, testing, and bug reporting.
We are already working on new features for the next release. If you enjoy using Elisa, please consider becoming a contributor yourself. We are happy for any contribution!
We have tagged some tasks as junior jobs. They are a perfect way to start contributing to Elisa.
The flathub Elisa package allows an easy way to test this new release.
Elisa source code tarball is available here. There is also a Windows setup at the same location (thanks to the Craft and binary-factory teams).