Elisa is a music player designed to be simple and nice to use.
I have started again to work on Windows build of the application and a recipe to build Elisa is now integrated in the craft-blueprints-kde repository. It is already quite usable thanks to the portability offered by Qt and KF5 Frameworks and the quality of Craft meta build system.
Apart from that, I have integrated the following things:
- Fix a bug blocking the play when under some conditions asking to enqueue some music and playing immediately would not work ;
- Fix the display of tracks count in the playlist ;
- Improve the handling of Elisa application icon such that it is bundled in the executable ;
- Continue to improve focus handling especially with touch screens ;
- Add mouse hover effect in the list of view modes (all albums, all artists …).
I am currently working on improvements of error handling when playing music. I also plan to explore using Phonon to have a possibly easier out of the box experience for flatpak and Windows when using the vlc backend. I am getting frustrated by getting missing codec errors from QtMultimedia.
Edit: I added a screenshot of Elisa on Windows 7 as requested.