0.2 Beta Release of Elisa Music Player
Elisa is a music player developed by the KDE community that strives to be simple and nice to use. We also recognize that we need a flexible product to account for the different workflows and use-cases of our users.
We focus on a very good integration with the Plasma desktop of the KDE community without compromising the support for other platforms (other Linux desktop environments, Windows and Android).
We are creating a reliable product that is a joy to use and respects our users privacy. As such, we will prefer to support online services where users are in control of their data.
New Features and Improvements
The main area of improvements are the following:
- We have been fixing problems related to music import (different albums being merged, …) and general handling of music metadata ;
- Improve cover images discovery (should fix most common cases) ;
- Improve performance of the internal music database ;
- Improve build time by factoring most c++ code in a dedicated library ;
- Improvement of the player control bar with most controls related to playback being located here ;
- Only load a music browsing view when it is used (faster and lighter on memory usage) ;
- Add a browsing view by genres ;
- Add a browsing view for the filesystem.
Test of the future 0.2 version
The release is available from elisa-0.1.80.tar.xz and also in the form of a Windows setup (generated using Craft and binary-factory.kde.org). You can also test by using the nightly flatpak builds from KDE.
Please report any issues to the KDE bugtracker.