Elisa is a music player developed by the KDE community that strives to be simple and nice to use. We also recognize that we need a flexible product to account for the different workflows and use-cases of our users.
We focus on a very good integration with the Plasma desktop of the KDE community without compromising the support for other platforms (other Linux desktop environments, Windows and Android).
We are creating a reliable product that is a joy to use and respects our users privacy. As such, we will prefer to support online services where users are in control of their data.
We have released the version 0.1 alpha 2 last week.
Now is really a good time to join the Elisa team. Alexander did quite a lot of changes to lower the barrier to entry. He is actively maintaining the community Elisa wiki page. We have plenty of small tasks open in Elisa workboard.
We also welcome other kind of contributions like design, graphics, promo, etc.
The project is trying to stay agile and to give users an easy way to follow our work by supporting distributions channels like binary-factory or the flatpak build of KDE applications. There are also some distributions with ways to build latest code as a package (Arch AUR).
The following things have been integrated in Elisa git repository:
- Remove duplicated property in AbstractMediaProxyModel by Matthieu Gallien ;
- Makes AllAlbumsModel use a thread for long operations in order to not block the UI by Matthieu Gallien ;
- Reorder methods in mediaplaylist by Alexander Stippich ;
- Fix comment about license of the documentation to match the one in kdoctools by Matthieu Gallien ;
- Always explain that support for UPnP is currently broken by Matthieu Gallien ;
- Add missing runtime dependencies to README.packagers by Matthieu Gallien ;
- Add one missing dependency for packagers by Matthieu Gallien ;
- Move application menu to own file by Alexander Stippich ;
- Fix artist name in album view by Alexander Stippich ;
- Use clearPlayList instead of extra code in qml by Alexander Stippich ;
- Add dependency to readme and fix link by Alexander Stippich ;
- Implement a filter view and play buttons for all views by Alexander Stippich ;
- Remove duplicate MimeType entry in the desktop file by Robert-André Mauchin ;
- Fixes warnings reported by clazy checker tool by Matthieu Gallien ;
- Fix installation of elisa qml package for the configuration dialog by Matthieu Gallien ;
- Small tweak to the qmlpackage for the elisa configuration module by Matthieu Gallien ;
- Avoid crashing when invoked from dbus without a valid list of files to open by Matthieu Gallien ;
- Unbreak the ability to configure shortcuts by Matthieu Gallien ;
- Fix restore of playlist position on start by Matthieu Gallien ;
Elisa has moved to kdereview. The feedback from the different releases has motivated this move in order to be able to (if Elisa is accepted by the KDE community) make regular releases to allow user to give feedback.